The COVID task force sub-group of the Church Council met Sunday afternoon, May 16, to discuss next steps in re-opening in-person worship and other church activities after the CDC’s latest recommendations were announced.
CHBC will be re-opening to in-person worship and activities in gradual steps, trusting in the science and allowing for transition into a new normal. We also know that things can change and we must remain alert and responsive. Therefore if the CDC or local public health department change their recommendations we will alter our response accordingly.
1. We already have an outdoor in-person gathering planned for Sunday, May 23 at 9:00 AM, we will keep that as planned and live-stream the 10:45 AM worship service. (The 10:45 worship service will NOT be in-person.)
2. The worship service will be fully open and in-person on Sunday, May 30 at 10:45AM. There will not be limited capacity nor will you need to register. (Of course we will still offer the service live-streamed.)
3. Child care during the service to be arranged by parents in coordination with Andrea.
4. Beginning June 6, Adult Sunday School classes may meet in person, Zoom or hybrid, depending on the class choice. If your class chooses to meet in-person or hybrid, please let the church office know.
5. Children and Youth Sunday School will resume in late summer/early fall.
6. Wednesday Prayer Meeting will continue to take place on Zoom. We will resume in-person prayer meetings in August.
7. Wednesday Fellowship dinner will resume in August.
According to the CDC the risk of transmission and infection for a fully vaccinated individual is low. Therefore if you are fully vaccinated (two weeks past second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two weeks past single dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine), then you can choose to wear a mask according to your comfort level. If you are not fully vaccinated, please wear a mask when participating in any CHBC activity or in the building. As always, if you are feeling ill or showing any COVID symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat, etc.) please stay home.
If you have any questions, please call the church office or email us.
Looking forward to see you face-to-face!