Outdoor Easter Celebration
Sunday, April 4, 8:00 – 9:00 AM
We do not feel that it is wise to re-open the building for in-person inside worship yet. (Once Jefferson County reaches the “Yellow” category, we will be able to begin in-person gatherings.) However, we know that it is difficult to not see each other and share fellowship, especially on Easter. We will be offering our outdoor space for a gathering on Easter Sunday, April 4 from 8:00AM – 9:00AM. Fred Bogert and Darrell Adams will lead us in several songs. We will read scripture, offer prayers, partake in communion, and ring Easter bells. (Communion elements will be available in prepackaged containers and bells will be available or you can bring a special one from home.)
We know not everyone will want to attend, and we will respect whatever decision is best for you and your family. We will offer our live-stream service at 10:45 AM as we have been doing,so if you are unable to join us in person, you can still connect with us through the online service. In order to host this event safely there are several guidelines we will put in place.
1. We will have chairs set up six (6) feet apart, and some small groups of chairs to accommodate households. We ask that you stay six (6) feet apart from all other households.
2. Masks will need to be wore at all times while on church grounds by those three (3) years and over. Please bring your own mask. If you forget, we will have some you can have.
3. We need everyone to register for this event. It will be most helpful to preregister by filling out the form below or by calling the church office by Friday, April 2 at 4:00 PM. We are asking for everyone to pre-register or register on the day so that, if necessary, in the event of someone testing positive we can make sure you are contacted.
4. The building will be closed.
6. When you arrive, you can park in the courtyard parking lot, along Birchwood and Frankfort Aves and in the library lot. There will be three check in tables. If you have pre-registered, we will simply check you off the list and make sure you have a mask. If you haven’t pre-registered, there will be a short form to fill out (name and contact information).
We look forward to seeing some of you Sunday, April 4.