PROTECTING LGBTQ RIGHTS IN KENTUCKY
Legal, Economic, and Moral Perspectives
Louisville, KY, [Date]– Crescent Hill Baptist Church is hosting a panel discussion on Monday, January 23 at 7PM to explore how best to protect the rights of LGBTQ individuals in Kentucky in light of recent rhetoric.
Recent changes in both state and federal government leadership pose potential threats to rights recently extended to LGBTQ individuals. Panelists will discuss current and emerging challenges to LGBTQ individual's rights at both the state and federal level and the impact on the greater community. The panelists will also share suggestions and strategies for preserving and advancing LGBTQ rights effectively. Panelists include:
- Michael Aldridge, Executive Director, American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky
- Reverend Bojangles Blanchard, Itinerant Baptist Minister
- Catherine Chapman, Executive Director, Association of Welcoming & Affirming Baptists
- Shannon Evans, Brown-Forman Pride Co-Leader & Chair, Kentucky Competitive Workforce Coalition
- Chris Hartman, Executive Director, Fairness Campaign
- Reverend Jason Crosby, Co-Pastor, Crescent Hill Baptist Church (Moderator)
When: January 23, 2017 - 7PM
Where: Crescent Hill Baptist Church, 2800 Frankfort Ave. Louisville, KY 40206
Crescent Hill Baptist Church believes that God loves all people without condition. Therefore, at CHBC you will find a diverse community of faith comprised of people of various races, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and world-views. In 2013 the church clarified its relationship with LGBTQ individuals. The congregation overwhelmingly voted to be welcoming and affirming to LGBTQ individuals including granting ordination, hiring, or performing wedding ceremonies.
If you would like more information, please contact Catherine Chapman at 502.386.5782 or email at email@example.com.