You are invited to join a group from CHBC and Kentucky Refugee Ministries in supporting the resettlement of refugees in Kentucky. We will be running the Anthem 5K on Saturday, February 22nd at 8:00 am. You can support our effort on behalf of KRM in one or more of the following ways:
- Join the team from CHBC that will be running on February 22nd. You may run or walk (just be done in under 90 minutes). Registration is $30 and can be done online at: http://www.anthem5k.com/registration.php before midnight on February 15th. Please let Brittani Bair know of your registration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 295-0274. You should also make your intentions know to KRM by adding your name to the Running for Refugees team at: http://kyrm.org/running-for-refugees/. Everyone who does this will get a free long-sleeve T-shirt from KRM to wear during the race.
- Additionally, you may solicit donations from non-CHBC members in support of your run and give what you collect to our collection for KRM. CHBC members are asked to donate to the team as a whole.
- If you do not want to run the race, you may donate in support of the CHBC Running for Refugees Team. Make checks payable to KRM and turn them into Brittani Bair by February 22nd. Or you can make an online donation in support of our team at: http://chbcky.org/donate/. Make sure to allocate your gift to "Running for Refugees - KRM" in the memo box.
- Volunteer to transport a few runners to and from the race.
- "Like" our team on Facebook and "Share" our posts, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/286909978127729/
Youth, college students and others who wish to join Brittani and the CHBC Running for Refugees Team in raising money and awareness for KRM, but do not have $30 for the registration fee, please contact Brittani Bair for assistance with part of your fee.
Weather permitting, the KRM team will meet for some practice runs on Saturdays in February at Seneca Park near the bathrooms if you want to join them.
This is a great way for us to help raise awareness about the needs of refugees in Louisville! Thank you for your support!